Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ten Days of Easter

Major holidays always make lesson planning easier. It gives my sessions a theme and allows me to teach my clients about what's happening around them. Easter allows us to talk about springtime, flowers, baby animals, Easter (of course), and all the fun things to do during Easter time. Piggy-backing off of Rachel's post "Ten Days of Thanksgiving," I came up with the "Ten Days of Easter."


Working backwards, here are the lyrics:

On the 10th day of Easter my true love gave to me:
10 BABY LAMBS
9 SUNS A SHINING
8 CHIRPING BLUE BIRDS
7 CHERRY BLOSSOMS
6 GEESE A LAYING
5 GOLDEN EGGS!
4 FLYING BUTTERFLIES
3 ORANGE TULIPS
2 MARSHMALLOW PEEPS
AND A BUNNY IN AN EASTER BASKET!

My clients favorites so far are the peeps, eggs, and baby lambs.

This is a wonderful intervention to work on counting forwards and backwards, sequencing, and speech production. I like to have my higher functioning client(s) be my Vanna White :) They love to help flip over my pages.

Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment