Thursday, June 2, 2011

3 Things...

...You Must Tell Your Client Before You Say "Goodbye" for Good.



In my last post about Termination, I discussed the five steps needed to make termination successful for both the client and yourself. Today I will discuss the three things you must tell your client before your final goodbye.

1. Appreciation
Tell them why you appreciate them. What you've done together, how much fun you've had together, why they're such a great musician, etc.

2. Regrets
Of course I wish I could spend more time with all of my clients! But, unfortunately, that is not the case. Tell your client something you regret. "I wish we could have worked some more on your guitar because you are sounding really good." "I was really looking forward to getting to know you better."

3. Gift/Wish
Wish something to your client. For example, "My wish for you is that you continue to spread music and joy to all those that hear you sing." or "I hope that you always remember me when you sing our favorite song, and remember that when I sing it, I'll always think of you, too." If you've made CD's, DVD's or projects, the last session is the perfect time to present them with this.

Some of my last sessions are this coming Saturday and this next week. I am preparing videos, photo slide shows, hand written notes to each and every client, and a Donut party for my Saturday morning groups.

Do you have any traditions for your last sessions with clients?

No comments:

Post a Comment