Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Countdown Begins

I'm a big countdown person. Once I know how many days until something occurs, I find it easier to make it through the days and then have something to look forward to. It's just how I work and how I get myself motivated.

Yesterday was my last day working with my groups and clients on Saturdays. Parents brought in two thoughtful and beautiful bouquets, a lotion gift set, cards, and hugs.


Flowers from my clients

So, here's my work countdown until my last day of work!

3 more Tuesdays
1 more Wednesday
2 more Thursdays

This Wednesday my In-laws and some extended family come into town for my husband's Masters Graduation from CCM. We actually moved to Cincinnati after our July 2009 wedding for him to pursue his Masters in Orchestral Conducting from CCM and now he is finally done! I'm so proud of him!


My in-laws and us at our wedding

I am looking forward to spending time with our family, packing up our apartment, and moving on to California!

3 comments:

  1. I find it interesting that you too have married a conductor. Mine is a band/wind ensemble conductor and composer. I wish you both much happiness in your travels together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm about to marry a middle/high school band director who hopes to get his conducting DMA! :) Also, Bri, I hadn't looked at your dress up close before - it is GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn - How neat! We are high school sweet hearts and met in our Wind Ensemble and Marching Bands! Thanks for your wishes.

    Steph - I wish I could be there to witness your marriage! I'm so bummed, but as you know, I have a pretty hectic summer. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete