Monday, May 3, 2010

9 more weeks...

...until internship is done! Not that I'm counting or anything.

Time continues to fly by. Wednesday morning I will by flying to Cincy to visit T! What a nice little trip and reunion that will be. I have been having a great time with my new placements. With the new placements comes more responsibility and more planning, but as the weeks go on, it becomes easier and easier. My new placements are Rady's children hospital (oncology and hematology unit), MTCCA (kids ages 3-8 diagnosed with autism), Del Cerro Manor (elderly with dementia), a group for women who were homeless and violently/domestically abused, and Sound Minds (a program for teen moms and their babies).

This weekend was busy--I worked all day on Saturday! The team had a conference to present for--Scripps Integrative Nursing Conference. It was quite an experience having between 50-75 nurses in two back-to-back sessions which included, active music making, drumming, humming, and toning. They sure were enthusiastic! Saturday evening provided me a unique experience. Resounding Joy, Inc. had their first ever benefit concert. Veronica May performed. Wow. She is amazing. A former intern, Veronica now works as a music therapist and is currently recording her second album. She sings, song writes, and plays percussive guitar. Did I already say "amazing"?! All proceeds from the concert went to Resounding Joy.

On Sunday I went up to Chapman to Phi Sig's Senior/Alum brunch. It was great to see some of the gals I have missed so much. It seems like just yesterday when I was at the same brunch last year, but as a graduate. I remember it vividly. It's been a whirlwind of a year.

Here is my latest time line:

1.5 days until Cincy
6 weeks until T comes home (to OC)
8 weeks until mom retires (woot)
9 weeks until my internship is completed!
10 weeks until NY/PA for C&L's wedding!
12-13 weeks until CBMT exam (cross your fingers)
14 weeks until Sedona, AZ with fam
15 weeks until Italy to visit T at Spoletto

Busy Busy Bri! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment