Saturday, May 14, 2011

Change


That's a big word. For me at least.

Change is something that I try to avoid at all costs. But this one, this change, I know it's going to be good.

Here's the change: My husband and I are moving (back) to California. We're Californians at heart and that's where we were both raised. Although we have enjoyed our time here in Cincinnati, we really couldn't be happier about leaving.

I have just told my current boss that I will be leaving in six weeks. Rachel (check out her amazing blog here) recently wrote a post that I totally related to. Giving up Hope resonated with me because that was something I had to deal with myself. I emailed Rachel and asked for some advice, tips, and things she did when she herself resigned. So, thank you Rachel for sincere kindness in providing me support and the words of wisdom I needed. Although it was a day I have been dreading, my boss took the news surprisingly well and has already offered to write me a letter of recommendation.

Phew. I am relieved that it went so well.

Many changes are still coming my way...and I'll update you as I start to process them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment