Monday, February 8, 2010

Eeeek!

Barbara is coming to observe us at Scripps! Eeeek! I'm nervous...There is so much "unknown" when going into a session, and with Barbara watching I just want to do everything right. Think good thoughts tomorrow at 2pm! :)

I really like Barbara, look up to her and all, but am still a little star struck I guess. In the MT world, she is wayyyy up there in terms of 'famous' people. I mean, I read her books for goodness sakes. I will be fine...I know I will, but this whole thing is a bit new and eeek!

Today was long. Woke up at 6am, got to work at 7:45 am, and got home at 8:45pm. Tonight we had supervision at Resounding Joy, the non-profit. If I wasn't so busy, I would love to volunteer at Resounding Joy...haha...it sounds funny, but the stories I heard tonight were so beautiful...but then I realized I do this for a career and get paid (well, eventually will get paid). Cool, huh?

Another late night tomorrow. We have Ronald McDonald House (Rady's children's hospital...the house is a place for families to stay who could otherwise not afford to be with their children while in the hospital...there is also one at CHOC) tomorrow night from 6-7:30pm...so I am going with a Senior intern. Should be fun, I am looking forward to it!

Off to bed!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean!! It is strange being in the same room with someone who you KNOW is so admired. But know that you were CHOSEN for this internship. She wouldn't have chosen you if she didn't believe in your potential and already fantastic skills as an MTI!

    Worry is worriless. It is a waste of time - all you can do is your best and be yourself, one of the ways we learn is by making mistakes! When my director observed me for the first time, you know what I thought of? Remember that egg passing game with helen? And how she sped it up and then made us close our eyes and eggs were falling every which way?...That's what I thought of. YOU have a great foundation in what MT is, how it works, and what needs to happen. Don't fret Brianna (ever again!)

    Blessings to you, Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete