Saturday, February 6, 2010

Find Ants, Finance

Friday was fantastic. I went to see a patient on 5E, had an hour long session with her...we did song analysis of Chris Daughtry's song, Home. She is/was a big fan of American Idol, Chris Daughtry and David Cook. C has been in the hospital since 12/27/09...a long time and has been waiting to go "Home" so the song I selected was perfect. I only knew the chorus of the song..so my handy dandy Ipod (30 GB from Mom and Dad..Thanks!) was perfect to play the song with portable speakers we have in the office for our use. Technology is great. C was also a substitute teacher and a k-6 grade music teacher.

I then went to Parkinson's group and had a blast. I love the guys and gals in the group! We talked about the super bowl, sang God Bless America and Take Me Out to the Ballgame...although they did point out that that song was for baseball...I knew that (duh) but then we tried to figure out if there was a football song...and we couldn't come up with anything. Do you know of any songs sung at football games? My favorite client in the group is W. W wasn't in class today because he fell and was admitted to the hospital on Tuesday. I actually got a referral from his nurse on Thursday and saw him in his room. He said he would see me Friday, but I suppose he wasn't discharged yet. He's such a character and kind of reminds me of my Grandpa Bill. It's the sense of humor.

I met the gang (trips and Erica) at Temple at 7:30pm. Kambria was singing in the choir. E's friend was there and talking about finance because that's what he does for a living...money. Jason replied, "Whenever I find ants, I never find any money!!" He thought we were saying "find ants" instead of "finance". Made my night. Kids really do say the funniest things!

Today is the Triplet's birthday party. EXTREME BOWLING. Wish us luck! I hope to take some pictures.... :)

Here's a pick from Monday night I've been meaning to post. Zachary got a bit creative with his chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment