Tuesday, March 9, 2010

City Roads, Please no Traffic...

...to the place, I call home. Can you name the song I just re-wrote? (Hint: John Denver) Well...there was a ton of traffic tonight even leaving at 6:30pm. I stayed a little later tonight so that I would MISS the traffic, but alas. I was practicing music for a concert we (myself and my co-intern) will be giving to TERI, Inc. We have to give a 35-40 minute concert (nothing therapeutic about it) to the staff and clients at TERI. It's a way for them to send us off, hear our true talents as musicians, and for the clients to practice proper concert etiquette. I will be playing piano and my part of the concert is based around Musicals and Disney music. Les Mis, Phantom, Beauty and the Beast, Cats.

Erica has turned me onto Trader Joe's "Chocolatey Cats Cookies: For People". We eat them together. :) I'm eating them now.

Today was a busy day. I had a meeting with Barbara about my senior project (social networking). Then I went to the office at 11am, packed for our pulmonary group. The Pulmonary Group is a new, 4 week class for people with you-guessed-it, pulmonary issues. We focus a lot on breath, practicing deep breathing, humming, toning. Can you guess the best musical method for this type of client?? I never would have guessed....but it is HARMONICAS! Everyone had to purchase a harmonica (the package included a book and a CD) for the class. Surprisingly, playing the harmonica takes great breath support, lots of air, and control. About 4 of the clients today were on oxygen and kind of struggled with the harmonicas. We assigned them homework! It was great fun!

After the group ended at 1:30, I had to rush to floors because Barbara was supervising us again. Luckily she saw me first and once I was done at 3pm, I rushed to the office to eat lunch! I was starving! Then back to the floors to get in more hours/clients and back to the office at 5:15pm.

I'll leave you with pics of the trips.










The Trips' 8th Bday!

No comments:

Post a Comment