Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When Irish Eyes are Smiling :)

Sure they're like a morn in spring. Today felt like summer, not spring (is it even spring yet??). The weather makes me want to go to the beach, not be stuck indoors all day. Walking to and from the hospital is the only time I have outside. Boy do I enjoy those few minutes. I also love the La Jolla breeze. :)

I never talked about my weekend. Friday was a bit different because I went up to Chapman to give a presentation to the Music Therapy class. I saw my professor (Hi!) and all the junior and senior music therapy students. As you may or may not know, Chapman is "phasing out" the music therapy program. Only two more graduating classes left. Weird? Yup.

Saturday my mom and my cousin went shopping at the mall in Mission Viejo, to lunch at the Cheesecake factory, and then some more shopping. Mom bought me a few items that she is saving for my birthday (April 20). Does your mom still do that for you? Even at 22, almost 23, she still puts things away! haha. It makes me laugh a little bit but I still like it. My cousin and I went to get our nails done (she treated for my early bday present) and then we had to go back to Nordstrom because our clerk forgot to put my mom's sunglasses into our bag. Her name was "Skye". Perhaps that was the problem. ;) Saturday evening we all went to Maggiano's for dinner.

Sunday morning brought the time change. I like and hate the time change all at the same time. I love that it stays darker, later, but I dislike waking up when it is still dark outside. You win some, you lose some. We went for a walk after making an egg, onion, tomato, and cheese scramble. T would be proud of me :) Ran a few more errands and then I got ready for my sorority meeting. I was heading up to Chapman again to visit my sorority, Phi Sigma Sigma. I haven't been back since I graduated in May. I must say I had mixed feelings. I was excited to see a bunch of the girls, mainly the seniors and juniors, but terrified to meet approximately 60 new members. The whole dynamic has changed and I don't know half of the girls. I guess every new alumna feels the way I feel...a little sad, anxious, uneasy of leaving the chapter, leaving the girls, and leaving college in general.

Monday and Tuesday have flown by. The weeks seem to be going by faster and faster. T flies into LAX tomorrow around noon. I probably won't see him until Friday after work, but I texted him today saying "I love you, see you Thursday". Maybe he'll get the 'subtle' (haha) hint. It's ONLY been 5 1/2 weeks since I've seen him. lol.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment