Thursday, March 4, 2010

Que Sera Sera

Whatever will be will be. Remember that song? Doris Day. My grandpa used to tell me I looked liker her. Anywho. It's a great song and I sang it twice today to two different patients. One requested it and another asked me to play a song that I like.

I was on the hospital floors for 3 hours today in the afternoon. I saw 4 patients, had no declines (yay!) and no N/A's (not available). I was in the hospital the same amount of time that I billed the hospital. That is a task in-and-of-itself. Usually there is a lot of dead time....like going to see a patient to then notice the Dr. walked in, or to just about to head in and you hear them on their cell phone, or you hear them call for the nurse that they need to use the bathroom. All kinds of things will hold me up..so seeing those patients and billing for the same time I was gone is great. There wasn't a lot of wasted time, that is.

Listen to this. I saw a 90 year old woman who had quadruple bypass surgery on Monday. She looks absolutely wonderful, red hair and all! She loves music but due to throat problems can no longer sing or whistle. She said she used to whistle all the time. Cutest thing ever.

Tomorrow night I am going out with the interns for drinks/dinner at Rock Bottom. Then I will go see Kambria at Temple! She has a solo :) Saturday morning I will go to Karate with the boys...they have an exam to see if they get to the next level and a new belt! Should be cute. Sat. late morning I will be off to my parents. Did I ever mention that I love the weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment