Thursday, March 11, 2010

Skype Date

I just had a skype date with my old roomies from 142. Maya and DeeDee. I miss them so much. It is great talking with them after being apart for so long. I feel like no matter how long we haven't spoken, that the minute we do we are back to being our old, fun-loving, free-spirited college girls. Do you have friends like that? DeeDee still has her famous "one liners". Maya still has that contagious laugh. We are planning for a 142 reunion hopefully in April or March when we can meet up and go out for a night in Los Angeles.

Tomorrow I will go to TACO (Third Avenue Charitable Organization) to make some 'recreational music' with Resounding Joy. Then I will head up to Orange to meet Cathy O'Neil for lunch at Papa Hassan's, followed by my presentation to the Music Therapy class at Chapman. I am really excited about my presentation. I will be discussing my current life as an intern, give them words of advice, answer any of their questions regarding internships in general. We will then be doing an hour of interventions: focusing on Relaxation (deep breathing, humming, and toning).

Humming is my new favorite thing. Here is the reason. Try humming in bed when you can't fall asleep. It's this simple: you either think or hum. You can't do both at the same time, really. So, the next time your mind is racing, try to hum on a pitch (or play around with the pitch) and see if your mind clears, if you become more relaxed, and if you eventually wake up to your alarm and not even realize you were asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment