Tuesday, January 12, 2010

American Idol

Hi, All--

Quick update for today. Nothing too exciting happened today. Desiree and I had another day of Scripps training. This time it was for our specific hospital: Scripps, La Jolla. Learned basic things about the hospital, a tour, blah, blah. 8am-4:30pm. The last 2 hours was all about transferring patients. From the bed to the gurney, from the gurney to the bed, from the floor to the toilet. There were actually some pretty cool machines which we got to see and try out. There is the "Maximove"which was my favorite name. It looks like a mini hammock and is used to transport people who cannot move at all, or really large and in charge people. ;) The maximove is not to be used when patients are claustrophobic. I should have taken a picture. This portion of the orientation was a waste of time for us MTs because we will not be transferring patients.

Desiree and I planned our session with D. D is the client with Rett's. We will be going to D without the Senior interns present, so we are both excited! We will be using a ukulele, Q-chord, various percussion instruments, and a sound drum. Will let you know tomorrow how it goes! Wish us newbies luck!

Who will be the next American Idol? If you know me at all, you know that I am a big Idol fan. I only watched the first half because I had some work to get done, but will follow up with the rest tomorrow night.

No TERI, Inc. tomorrow because Teri, the MT there, is out of town in Kauai! I told her to have a blast since T and I honeymooned there. I will hear all about it next week.

This week is already going by faster...yay!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment