Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Nap, Anyone?

Today was our orientation at TERI, Inc. We met Terri, not to be confused with TERI, Inc. Terri is the music therapist hired as a private contractor. She goes to TERI 3 days a week from 9-2pm. Long days...I must say. [Mom--Terri reminds me of a mix between Heidi and Terri..haha] Any who, we observed Terri's sessions and asked a ton of questions. I will be working there on Wednesdays from 9-2pm in the Childrens Center. They also have a separate location strictly for adults with DD (Developmental Disabilities). One of the best part about the location of TERI is that it is only about 20 minutes away from where I am staying in Carlsbad, and it is north, meaning: NO TRAFFIC!

Here is a link to TERI, Inc.'s website so you can learn more about them.

http://www.teriinc.org/

After we left TERI, I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things for the rest of the week...I need more snacks to keep me going before and after lunch. Getting home around 3pm, I was ready for a nap! Geeze louise. I am already tired, but luckily not mentally strained. Probably not used to such long days and getting up so early. Back to the college days of naps (when I can fit them in) and staying up late and getting up early to finish up work.

Barbara requires us to complete 6 mandalas during the first month of our internship and several personality tests. Tonight I completed my first mandala and we could use whatever colors we wanted. I was stumped at first as what to draw, but just let the colors flow. I'm not sure what it quite represents but Barbara will (supposedly) use these mandalas to better understand our personalities. We shall see...

Here is a photo of my first mandala.




Tonight I will also be completing a series of personality tests and some other paperwork. Exciting, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I THINK THIS BLOG THING IS SO KOOL. I LOVE KNOWING HOW AND WHAT YOU ARE DOING. AND I LOVE YOUR FIRST MANDALA, WHAT EXACTLY DOES A MANDALA MEAN????

    SOUNDS SO EXCITING....XOXOXOXO...KAREN

    ReplyDelete